Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean
7-10 April 2014, Mauritius
The 2nd Radio and Antenna Days of the Indian Ocean (RADIO) will be held in Mauritius from 7th to 10th April 2014. RADIO 2014 is the second edition of a series of conferences organized in the Indian Ocean region. The aim of the conference is to discuss recent developments, theories and practical applications covering the whole scope of radio frequency engineering, including radio waves, antennas, propagation and electromagnetic compatibility.
Prospective authors are invited to submit original contributions on their latest research activities. Student papers are strongly
encouraged. Prizes will be awarded for Best Student Papers. Proposals for special sessions, workshops and tutorials are welcome. A panel of
distinguished researchers will deliver keynote speeches/invited talks on recent technology trends and advances.
Topics of the conference
1. Antenna theory
2. Wave propagation and scattering
3. Electromagnetic compatibility
4. Analytical and numerical methods
5. Smart antennas and arrays
6. RF components and systems
7. Wireless communication systems
8. Biological effects
9. Wireless power transfer
10. Devices and circuits
12. Radio astronomy
13. Remote sensing
14. High-power devices and techniques
15. Instrumentation and measurement techniques
16. Medical and industrial applications of electromagnetic fields
17. Modeling, simulation, computer aided design
18. Electronic packaging and integration
19. Metamaterials and other novel materials
20. Any other relevant topics
Language and Venue
The working language will be English.
The conference will be held at the Sugar Beach Resort located on the sunny western coast of the beautiful Island of Mauritius.
Scheduled special sessions
1. 4G wireless technology and beyond (organized by Prof. Merouane Debbah, SUPELEC, France)
2. Metamaterials and applications (organized jointly by Prof. Pavel Belov, National Research University of Information Technologies, Russia and Prof. Andre de Lustrac, Universite Paris-Sud, France)
3. RF exposure and health (organized jointly by Dr. Bernard Veyret, Universite de Bordeaux 1, France and Prof. Jitenra Behari, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India)
As for the previous edition, the organizers will offer a limited number of awards to assist young scientists from developing countries to attend RADIO 2014 (priority will be given to scientists from least developed countries).
Submission of 1-page abstract: 13th September 2013
Proposals for special sessions, workshops, tutorials: 6th September 2013
Submission of 4-pages full paper for IoP publication: post-conference